Sunday, May 18, 2008

So now I am 25 years old. Why 25? Well it seems like a nice round number, and I was born 25 years ago back in 1983 when people who were born in 1958 were only 25, and people born in 1933 were 50. Ofcourse people who were born in 1908 were 75 then, and people born in 1983 around the time Abilene was founded, would have been a hundred.

Anyhow, I celebrated by investing in the making of some quite delicious bacon cheese burgers, and onion rings, as well as a heavy cake even though I had to make it myself. I also made some onion dip, and bought five small bags of potato chips to go with it. I then invited my fellow English teachers to partake of it which we did. James actually made the hamburgers which were fantastic. Karen, a Korean English teacher who came over, was convinced we would all have heart attacks and die at any moment it was that good.

I also called the family on skype which was fortuitous because Katie and Oree were just about to leave to go work at a Outdoor Camp in North Carolina.

All in all it was a good birthday for being thousands of miles away from the family!

3 comments:

mad4books said...

Happy Birthday! Ran into your mom this morning at HEB, and when she told me it was your birthday, I guessed that you made yourself spaghetti. (Burgers were a surprise!)

So glad you had yummies & company for your birthday!

Msatoz said...

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday dear Robert
Happy Birthday to you!

Anything you want from TEXAS? Can't send books I hear, do you need clown nose or two?

Juan-Diego said...

hey, cool blog. How'd you hear about this english teaching mission opportunity? Fill me in!