Saturday, April 12, 2008

Okay, you asked for it!

Well, I am still alive and well. I know it doesn't seem like it since I haven't updated here, but the rumors that I was kidnapped by Korean kangaroo pirates and taken to Indonesia in order to teach island giraffs how to tap dance the polka were greatly exagerated.

It is saturday here, and I am in Yesan at a PC bong. I was trying to play "Sudden Attack" but the compter doesnt like me, so I decided not to waste a buck, and type on my blog.

I am in Yesan on a whim. I wasn't planning to go anywhere to day, but as I was walking to the fried chicken place, the bus for Yesan pulled up, to the bus stop I was passing and I got on it. So I came and had lunch at the "Burger" place in town, and then came to the PC bong. I think I will go to the good Icecream/coffee place here, and get a mocha and read here in a little bit.

So what's been up? Alot really. I don't know why I don't post more here. But I think I will stick to just three points:

1) I made a bunch of bean bags out of socks, and some kind of grain, and I have been teaching my students to juggle. I have been doing this between classes, and in fact in classes, but only after the students have gotten some work done. It has helped with my most troublesome class a bit, and is ofcourse alot of fun.

2) James, Beth, Abby, and I went to a english speaking church last sunday. It was the International Lutheran Church, and it felt so good to go to a liturgical service in english again, with traditional hymns and a pipe organ. I almost cried. We had communion! I thanked the Pastor afterwards and he nodded and said pretty much "thats what we are here for." He was from Iowa, and here for two years. The post rotates between three Lutheran sub-denonminations which is neat. It is kind of like Uncle Ray's cruise ship ministry.

3) After church last sunday, I went and got some books from the bookstore in Itaewon, and then went to the goblin market and got a electric guitar for about 45 bucks! It was cheaper than putting in a pickup on my acoustic guitar. It is naturally not the greatest guitar in the world, but then again it is nice and mythic getting a guitar from a Goblin market. It is a well used guitar too. Someone really played it alot, hard. It does work though and that is the important thing. Now I might be able to hear what I am doing in the prasie band.

In other news the Cherry trees are blosoming. I still have a lot of pictures to put up. Maybe tonight.

1 comment:

mad4books said...

Glad to know that you're still alive and well...can't wait for those cherry blossom pics!

P.S. Be sure to wish your mom a Happy National Library Week!