Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I just realized the last few posts haven't had titles so this one does.

So it turns out, my TKD instructor has notice the mixture of passion and abject boredom on my face. I got to join two other red belts who have been training for sparring tonight. I actually got to kick some tonight. Also he double checked my residence license. I think he might be looking for a loop hole to get me tested for black belt sooner than October. He said originally that I could test six months after I got my card which was in late March. But he was looking at the dates on the card so that could mean that he found the rule was six month since I have been here which would make the test in the next couple of months. But I don't know for sure. He didn't explain since... well he couldn't. He knows about as much English as I do Korean. But even if it turns out to be nothing, it is encouraging.

Also I think I should add that I am in much better shape than when I arrived. I have lost about ten or fifteen pounds, and a couple of inches off my waist. I can now wear ties with my top shirt button buttoned. I still am quite "fat" compared to most Koreans, but at least I am not easily winded too. (it is weird seeing almost no overweight people) I have started weight lifting with my roommates weights.

Teaching is going fine. I am having a good time with all my classes, even the ones that give me trouble.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea Robert- I am glad it's going well- I have had entire conversations in another country just using facial contortions(-: I am glad the Taekwando is so good for you- I have been walking for the last 6 weeks haven't seen a lot of results yet- but am hoping soon. Take care
love MoM

mad4books said...

Hey, Terry,

I tried to go to your blog to write this, but it wouldn't work...SO, please pardon us, Robert, while we chat amongst ourselves...Let's go walking! I'll have to take my dog, but we can meet anywhere you want...Rose Park, Red Bud, your neighborhood, near the zoo...anywhere! Just call me or email me!

Okay, back to Macjoven of Vine St.--you've lost ten or fifteen pounds? Wow. Forget the Hollywood Diet; try the Sabgyo Slim-Down! Good for you. Glad to hear the teaching is going well, too...