Monday, June 9, 2008

Roller coaster oo oo oo....

So last a bunch of us piled in a small bus and took some students to Everland.

Everland is one of the not exactly not Disney theme parks in Korea. It was a fun day. We went on a holiday, so there were a lot of people there. When we got there, we made our way straight for the T-Express, the parks new wood roller coaster which features a nice 77 degree drop to get you started.

Now as anyone who knows me knows I am not a fan of roller-coasters. I once went through the entire line for Mr Freeze at Six Flags and then didn't get on. But I like to think that I learned something from that and similar experiences: going to a theme park and not going on rides is boring and expensive. So I decided, that I would go on the ride because three minutes of terror after a hour of standing in line doing nothing for a hour and a half is better than standing around doing nothing with three minutes of doing nothing at the end of it. So I got on the ride.

With James the roller-coaster fanatic. He was disappointed you couldn't look up see the track move as the car hit a curve like you can on the Texas Giant. He said that the best place to ride a coaster is in the last car, for much the same reason the best place to ride a school bus is on the back seat. It is nice and bumpy, and by the time the motion reaches you, the vehicle is totally committed to it. So I found my self waiting for the next car, just so he and I could ride in the back.

The ride itself? Let me just put it this way: James was the only person on the whole car with his hands raised.

But I did survive and by the end of it, I found that I was rather enjoying my self. So when we got off, I went a head and bought the T-shirt, just so everyone knows that I have been there and done that.

The rest of the day consisted of small rides, and lunch. The small rides were: Columbus' viking ship swing, and a Rodeo Tilt-a-whirl. We had a lot of hurry up and wait there. Part of the problem is we got stuck in a crowd watching a parade that divided the park. It was a pretty smooth move on the parks' part, you have to watch the show, but annoyed us to no end. What was fun about it was that Brother Lee and Nathan, one of the guys that helps out at the school, held of some inflatable axes that a couple of the kids had bought so everyone knew where to go.

All in all it was a good time. I wish we had had more time.

The rest of the weekend was pretty normal. I went to Yesan on Saturday, and had some ice cream, and got some sandals since socks have been bugging me lately.

Sunday was church church church. I some how have lost the calluses on my fingers. I guess I haven't played enough guitar lately. Ah well.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well bless your heart- the last even semi- roller coaster I road was the Bonzai Pipeline at 6 Flags. After surviving that Gerbil Ride I swore never again! Glad to hear you enjoyed it and can't wait to see the shirt!
'
love MoM

mad4books said...

You went to Everland...and didn't post PICTURES?

(I'll try to get over the disappointment, but it will be difficult.)

Msatoz said...

I'm with mad4books. No pics' Sigh. But on the other hand I was trolling through BBC world news and found your next gig.
Clowns without Borders
http://www.clownswithoutborders.org/
Post a picture of you in the shirt. :)

mad4books said...

"Clowns Without Borders?" ARGH!

Please do not tell my daughter, the one with the irrational Clown Fear, about this noble group, or she will *erect* a border around her bedroom!