Wednesday, July 9, 2008

and I was doing so well there...

Well it now actually hot here, and muggy. I have been waiting for it all summer, and now it happened. Being in a place with four seasons is weird when you come from a place with only two: Hot and winter.

My sinuses have been acting up a whole bunch lately too. I had a low level headache all last week, and last night I got a nose bleed in my right nostril. Before all that I felt stuffy, though I could breath just fine. I am just doing the stoic thing with all of it because none of it is debilitating.

A couple of weekends ago I went and saw a exhibit called "The Glory of Persia" at the National Museum in Seoul put on jointly by the South Korean, and Iranian governments. It was really cool. It had by far the most beautiful gold pieces I have ever seen outside of a movie.

I also found a park where a whole lot of GO and asian Chess was going on. I attracted a small crowd by drawing a couple of guys playing GO in my sketch book. One of the gentlemen watching me asked me to draw him, but I was too close and did a portrait which I haven't attempted in years. He didn't like it much, but he like the drawing of the GO game quite a bit.

I went ahead and invested in a computer. A small desktop, which works wonderfully. I was going to hold out and keep on my laptop, but the thing is on its last leg and driving me crazy. I got the computer custom built at the Digital Market in Yongson station with everything I wanted for well below my budget. It is defintly coming back to the states with me.

What else? Oh yeah I have been having fun with my spiritual life. I have been reading The Perennial Philosopy by Adolus Huxeley which I found at one of the used book stores in Seoul. It is about the common thought threads of the saints and mystics around the world. I bought it because I had been listening to Speaking of Faith programs, and they got me thinking about some things, namely, my center, and being present in the here and now, and how I have been ok with now, but not so much with "here." My mind is often far far way back in Texas. Anyways I was thinking about mysticism again, and happened upon the book and bought it. It is very good, and if you are spiritually inclined you should definitly check it out.

But now I have to go. I was given "homework" for TKD which was to streach everyday. So I am going to go out to the cool evening (er midnight) air and do that before bed.

Peace!

3 comments:

PhotogBlair said...

Well, I was surfing the web, took this turn and found myself at the very edge of the internet and your name was there. Obviously you found the end before I did. Good Luck to you.

Blair

Tmom said...

Well my boy- 500mg vitamin C a day, lots of tea with honey & lemon, lots of garlic, saline nose drops, chicken soup!!!!!

love MoM

Msatoz said...

Do you need us to send you sinus stuff?

"Oh yeah I have been having fun with my spiritual life." Like you could take it out of toy box and play with it a bit then put it away later. ")

Wait til you get fall. Picture Heaven. Heatherh