Saturday, July 19, 2008

Wet. on humpday.

So today I was soaked.

I went to Seoul today. I walked in the rain to the station. I arrived and it was raining. I walked over the place in the rain, until it cleared up right I was going back to the station to go home. My backpack was also soaked along with my Korea tourism book. I will probably have to get another one, because it was a good book.

But the good news was I got to play a banjo today!!! I have missed my banjos a lot the last six months, and while trudging through the rain I finally found the musical instrument market. In it I found six banjos, all to expensive for me and closed backs to boot, but I played one anyways and it felt good.

My nose is fine at the moment. It still runs some but in a normal way.

I have now been officially here for six months. It's humpday! Yay!

3 comments:

Tmom said...

Hey Rob- congratulations on the banjos- as per your earlier question to me about shipping a banjo- I think it would probably be around $100 at least and I am not sure what shape it would arrive in- is there any bargaining power in this market? it would probably be cheaper and safer to purchase one there- let me know- hard to believe it has been 6months- lets call this weekend.

Love Your MOTHERfxeoclt

Mike said...

Rob,

May I say that I always considered your mastery of the banjo one of your finer points? I have been somewhat saddened as of late when you opted out of this wonderful and unique instrument for the more common and mundane. Your guitar playing is wonderful but we guitarists are a dime a dozen, I recommend a quick and forceful return to that mystical mountain musical madness.

Glad to hear that you have made it so long. I look forward to heading that way. Keep your head up find a rain coat and go find some cool mountains for us to visit.

Mike

Msatoz said...

Rob,

Welcome to hump day! Sorry to hear that you got soaked though. I think your mom is right, might be easier to purchase a good used one there and either donated it to your church...After you teach someone how to play it...or bring it home with you. I'll fork over $50 keep Rob sane, er for the banjo fund. PayPal? Western Union? American Express gift just let me know.

Heather in Abilene