Thursday, January 24, 2008

C is for what?

C is for cookie, that's right I actually just made a rather delicious batch of Chocolate chip cookies. One of Mike's advanced students came over looking for him, and he interpreted the buttons which where written in Korean, for me. I guest-a-mated the measurements and guessed right. I saved quite a bit of the dough to make tomorrow to thank the cafeteria ladies for the use of the microwave/oven combo in our apartment. For Choclate Chips I used 56% Cacao Chocolate bites, which they sell in little plastic cans for 500 W. So... Mmmmmm....

We heat buildings through the floor here. It is wonderful. Whenever you go into a home or some place where you are going to stay a while, you take off your shoes at the door or just right inside it. And then you walk on wonderfully warm floors. The heat from the floor, being heat then rises from the floor, and warms the entire room. The only problem I have been having with it is I cannot yet get my shoes on and off quickly. They are not broken in. So that is fun. But warm....

No comments: