Thursday, January 31, 2008

Magic, Clowning and Korea...

I noticed pretty quickly that magic tricks are very popular over here. I think I mentioned that a couple of post ago. I have also found that the kids are really enjoying my clowning too. I haven't yet put on my red nose over here, but not a day has gone by that I haven't at least three or four or twenty seven point eight four six times, been a clown, either by mime, or acting incredibly gullible, or simply reacting to the kids in a highly visible way. The communications gap helps a lot. It stops me from wasting my breath on terrible puns that the kids wouldn't get anyways, and really focusing on the physical side of my humor.

I tried tonight to look for clowns and clown alleys in Korea, but apparently the South Koreans "Brokeback Mountain" was called "the King and the Clown", and so the internet is full of reviews and criticisms, in the way of any useful information that might be there.

On the upside I did find a Juggling shop in Seoul. For a given definition of "found." The website was made in flash, with no English button, and so handy-dandy "altavista bablefish" couldn't touch it. Oh well, I will have to ask someone bilingual at school to help me, and probably print the directions, so I can show them to a taxi driver next time I go to Seoul and say "chogi!" (there!(I think))

No comments: