Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Peeka-boo with a elusive town

I am quite pleased to announce that I have finally located where I am going on Google earth.

This picture is of the Church and School where I will be teaching.

If you look across the street to the south, you can see the my future apartment too. To look at it yourself on Google Maps it is here. Just be sure to look at the satellite view since the map view shows nothing.

I also found a small entry on the town in Wikipedia. Apparently the population is about 26,700 people in a seven kilometer radius, making it a small city. However, if you look at it closely it is more of a collection of small towns and villages than a continuous city. Which is certainly fine by me semi-rural boy that I am.

The packing continues. After seventeen years of living in the same room, stuff accumulates. I have been putting off packing everything up for storage for two and a half years now. I have two days left. My books are done and my clothes are boxed or set aside for taking with me. But all this other stuff... Interesting? Yes! Memorable? Certainly! Worth packing up because I know I am going to cherish it until death, and then it will be a heirloom of my house? Weeeelllll.... maybe not. But it all has to be packed anyways. So on and on I go!

1 comment:

Tmom said...

I am so proud.
Tmom