Saturday, January 26, 2008

If you ain't got Seoul...

So I was feeling better today, and I went to Seoul, and bought tortillas and cheese and a guitar.

Not a expensive guitar, and for a good reason I found out, of course, when I got home. It sounds fine but the frets are improperly filed around the edges, so they sort of catch your skin as it slides by if you aren't careful. But that is alright. It can be fixed, and I have owned and played much worse.

To get to Seoul, it is a two hour train ride, which was a interesting experience. I have never ridden on a train before, and I rather enjoyed it. The great thing, besides knowing you'll end up where you need to be, is that there are no sudden turns.

Seoul itself is quite overwhelming. Next time I go I am going to see if I can get together with Sean, the guy I met on the flight over, and get him to show me the sights. That, or I am just going to wander around.

No comments: